SwiftForth is the interactive development environment for developing software to run on Windows, Linux, or OS X with i386 family processors. Applications you write can take full advantage of native OS calls and functions, and are standalone, “native” apps.
Your purchase of a SwiftForth license entitles you to develop on all three platforms — Windows, Linux and OS X.
- No need for an external compiler, assembler, or linker.
- Easy access to all system functions and dynamic libraries.
- Includes SWOOP™, a powerful Forth object-oriented programming system.
- Command window provides interactive development environment.
- Simple linking to the programmer’s editor of your choice.
- Advanced debugging features include built-in cross reference, source browser, and disassembler/decompiler.
- Powerful rule-based optimizing compiler.
Documentation included, as with all FORTH, Inc. products.
SwiftForth requires an i386-compatible CPU.1 These are the OS-specific requirements:
- SwiftForth for Windows: Windows Vista or later
- SwiftForth for Mac OS X: Mac OS X 10.6 or later
- SwiftForth for Linux: Linux 2.6 kernel or later with 32-bit library support
1To program a Beaglebone, Raspberry Pi, or other embedded ARM Linux board, check out SwiftX-ARM for Linux.
Upgrading a Licensed SwiftForth?
Consider these options if you already have a SwitfForth license: